CHICAGO (March 29, 2012) – Hyatt has honored the top owners and developers of its select service brands, Hyatt Place® and HYATT house™, at its national owners’ conference in Carlsbad, Calif. Six companies accepted awards, which Hyatt confers every two years, from Hyatt’s Chief Executive Officer Mark Hoplamazian, its North American Chief Operating Officer Chuck Floyd, and its Global Head of Operations and Franchising for Select brands Gary Dollens.
“Hyatt Place and Hyatt House will be the primary brands with which we are going to increase our presence in many markets where we are not represented or are under-represented,” Hoplamazian said about the importance of the brands to the Company and its goal of becoming the most preferred among owners, guests and associates in every segment it serves.
Hyatt presented the following awards for excellence in hotel development and management:
- North American Strategic Partner was presented to White Lodging, operator of Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, HYATT house Austin/Arboretum, and HYATT house Houston/Galleria and HYATT house Colorado Springs, with three additional Hyatt Place hotels currently under development: Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, Hyatt Place Nashville and Hyatt Place Chicago River North.
- Developer of the Year was presented to Kolter for Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown. Kolter also owns Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center, and is currently developing Hyatt Place Delray Beach.
- The Operating Excellence Award was presented to Concord Hospitality. The company operates Hyatt Place Grand Rapids-South, one of the first LEED-certified Hyatt Place hotels, and HYATT house Boulder/ Broomfield. Concord has under development HYATT house Raleigh and HYATT house Pittsburgh Southsideworks.
- Best Project was presented to Chartres Lodging Group for the conversion of Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, the first Hyatt Place hotel in Hawaii. Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach is the largest Hyatt Place hotel and is the first renovation/conversion in a resort location.
- Best Hyatt Place Opening in North America was presented to First Hospitality Group Inc. for Hyatt Place Des Moines/Downtown, which is owned by Jake Christiansen, Dick Ten Braak, BJ Baker, and Mike Nelson. First Hospitality Group also operates Hyatt Place South Bend/Mishawaka in Mishawaka, Ind.
- Best Opening in North America for HYATT house was presented to Commonwealth Management for HYATT house Chicago/Naperville/Warrenville, which is owned by Corporex. Commonwealth Management also operates Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport, Hyatt Place Lexington and HYATT house Denver.
“We are thrilled to work with such great companies,” said Dollens, “because it means that when we honor them, we are recognizing the best of the best.”
Currently, there are more than 160 Hyatt Place hotels in operation in the United States, with more than 35 under development throughout in the U.S., Europe, the Caribbean, China, Latin America, Southwest Asia, and the Middle East.
In addition to 53 HYATT house hotels open in the U.S., HYATT house hotels are under development in key markets in North America, China, the Middle East, and Southwest Asia.
About Hyatt Place
Inspired by multitasking travelers’ 24/7 lifestyle, Hyatt Place hotels feature complimentary Wi-Fi and remote printing, a 24-hour StayFit@Hyatt fitness center, a coffee and wine bar serving specialty coffees and premium wine, beer, and spirits, complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches and a Grab ’n Go case stocked with sandwiches and salads. Guest Kitchens offer lunch and dinner entrées 24/7. Specially trained Gallery Hosts offer assistance with everything from directions to check-in to a freshly made meal. Spacious guestrooms are designed to help guests perfectly blend their lifestyle of work and play, featuring the Hyatt Grand bed™, Cozy Corner sofa sleeper, work center, 42 inch HDTV’s and the Hyatt Plug Panel media center.
About HYATT house
HYATT house hotels are upscale all-suite, residential-style hotels offering travelers spacious studios, one and two-bedroom Kitchen Suites or Traditional Guestrooms ideal for any length of stay. Kitchen Suites feature a fully equipped kitchen; spacious living room with flat-panel TV; and bedroom with a comfortable bed with ultra-plush pillows. HYATT house features a 24/7 guest market, 24-hour Workout Room, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, evening socials or H BAR happy hours, and even laundry facilities – all of which contribute to allowing guests to keep their real-life routines rolling while on the road. HYATT house was recently named one of the 10 Best Hotel Chains for Families by Parents Magazine. Chosen amongst more than 70 hotels chains, HYATT house was recognized for its convenient, functional, and family-friendly amenities, with separate parent and child sleeping areas topping the list.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt HouseTM. Hyatt House is changing its brand identity from Hyatt Summerfield Suites®. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt ResidencesTM and Hyatt Vacation Club®, which is changing its name to Hyatt Residence ClubTM. As of December 31, 2011, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 483 properties in 45 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
# # #